Tax Resolution Attorney in Atlanta
If you received an IRS collections notice, tax resolution attorney Jarter Gao of Gao Tax Law Firm has the specialized knowledge you need to begin moving forward.
It can happen by accident. You may not have withheld enough from your paycheck in the past year and wind up with a whopper of a tax bill in April. Or maybe you had an unexpected windfall of cash, spent it, and didn’t realize that a significant chunk of it was owed to the IRS in taxes.
No matter the circumstance, know that you have options. You can, and should, work to resolve your tax debt. With the help of a tax resolution attorney from Gao Tax Law Firm LLC, you can find a sensible solution to your tax burden, mitigate the potential consequences of an IRS collections notice, and begin moving forward.
Failure to Pay Taxes Can Bring Serious Consequences
It can be extremely stressful to live with the knowledge that your tax debt has been piling up for a while. You might feel like you’re in a jam with no way out, not knowing if there is anything you can do or how you are going to get out of your situation. In this situation, the worst thing you can do is take no action. Fees such as penalties or interest for failure to pay back taxes will continue to add up, making your situation even worse the longer you wait.
As you can imagine, the IRS takes their role very seriously. They will explore every legal avenue to collect what you owe them. They can seize your assets, freeze your bank account, garnish your paycheck, file levies and liens on your property, and even restrict your passport.
We hope this hasn’t happened to you yet, but it will if you don’t act fast enough. Contacting an attorney as soon as possible is the best way to protect your interests.
Hire a Tax Resolution Attorney
The Internal Revenue Service has programs to assist those with overdue tax obligations or other unresolved tax concerns. However, it can be challenging to identify how to make the best use of these alternatives.
That’s where a tax resolution lawyer can help. A skilled lawyer can evaluate your circumstance, determine the best solution, and work on your behalf to quickly and effortlessly resolve your tax issues.
How Our IRS Tax Resolution Attorneys Can Help
At Gao Tax Law Firm, we have the skills, experience, and resources to guide you through each step of the tax resolution process. With so much on the line, we know how important your tax resolution case is to you, and we’ll work one-on-one with you to ensure that you’re well-informed on the status of your case, beginning with a thorough explanation of your tax resolution options.
What Is Tax Resolution?
If you owe back taxes to the IRS but cannot pay, there are several options available to you depending on your circumstances. One of the most important things is to start paying your current taxes first. You must be all caught up with filing your income tax returns and paying your current taxes before most of these remedies are available to you.
Know Your IRS Tax Resolutions Options
Here are some of the options the IRS provides to taxpayers who owe money:
- Installment Agreement Plan: This is where you work out a payment arrangement with the IRS. Multiple forms of agreements are available: regular, partial-pay, and streamlined. Which one you should use is highly dependent upon your current financial situation and the amount you owe.
- Offer in Compromise: This is where the IRS agrees to accept less than the total dollar amount you owe. It’s important to note that they do not have to accept an offer. However, if your offer meets the IRS guidelines, it increases the chance that the IRS will accept the offer to resolve the outstanding balance.
- “Currently Not Collectible” status: This status allows you to defer your debt. The debt does not go away; you still owe the IRS money. However, it is a temporary reprieve from having your bank accounts levied or being subject to other collection efforts. We see this situation often when people do not have sufficient income to cover their current living expenses. If and when their income rises, the IRS will re-evaluate the situation.
- Bankruptcy: Bankruptcy can be extremely useful to stop IRS collection efforts. It can also work to discharge certain income taxes, if they are old enough, and force repayment plans on the IRS. Tax penalties may also be discharged through the bankruptcy. This can be complex, so it’s advisable to work with multiple experts – an accountant, a tax resolution professional, and an attorney who focuses on bankruptcy issues.
Whether these are applicable to you depends on your circumstances. A tax resolution attorney can help you determine the most appropriate tax resolution method for your situation and guide you through the process.
Our Tax Resolution Services
While many of the above options may be pursued on your own, not getting expert tax assistance can be a costly mistake. In many instances, retaining a tax attorney will result in more affordable IRS payment plans and lower tax penalties. It may also help you avoid a federal tax levy or other invasive collection methods.
To get the tax relief you need, it is essential to utilize the specialized knowledge that only a tax resolution lawyer can provide. Whether you owe as an individual or are facing business tax debt, a tax resolution professional can help you:
- Respond professionally to any IRS correspondence you receive
- Contact the IRS on your behalf and act as an intermediary
- Represent your case before the IRS
- Get you caught up on filing back tax returns that are late
- Understand the IRS Collections process and your rights
- Negotiate penalties, interest, and taxes due to lower your debt
- Work out a payment plan for any money you owe to the IRS
- Fight for you in innocent spouse situations
- Assist in getting levies and liens removed.
The above points represent a small selection of the ways in which we can help you. Tax liability issues often come with a host of additional legal challenges, and our tax attorneys are prepared to apply our wide range of services to meet all of your tax law needs.
Contact Our Tax Resolution Specialists Today
With extensive experience in the tax industry, Gao Tax Law Firm LLC is the name you can count on when you require assistance from a skilled Atlanta tax lawyer. Throughout the years, we have dealt with a range of tax issues in Atlanta, and we are dedicated to offering unmatched personal attention, superior service, and measurable results.
Instead of continuing to struggle with your tax problems, let Gao Tax Law Firm find the best tax resolution option for your needs. Call us today at (404) 747-7073 or contact us online to schedule a free one-hour consultation. We look forward to assisting you!
Solutions for Resolving Your IRS Debt
Contact us at no obligation to you so we can understand your specific tax situation and provide advice on the options available to you. Your tax issue is handled with the utmost confidentiality and privacy.
Contact a Tax Attorney Atlanta — free one-hour consultation
If you are facing a tax dispute or audit, you probably have questions, and Gao Tax Law has the answers. Our mission is to help you obtain a fair resolution to your tax debt and to provide you with excellence, integrity, and personal attention every step of the way. This begins with a confidential free consultation for one hour, at no cost to you, where we will thoroughly examine the facts of your case and guide you through your options.
Located in the Cumberland-Vinings area, we serve individuals, families, and business owners throughout Metro Atlanta. Our goal is to make the tax resolution process as easy as possible for our clients, and as a partner with Regus and its network of workspaces, we can meet at a convenient location near you.
Your future is bright with Gao Tax Law Firm LLC. If you’re ready to begin your road to tax relief, contact us today, and we can create better solutions for you in no time.